In my Association for Software Testing 2023 elections proceedings I advocated for transparency. In the spirit of practising what I preach, this blog post summarizes my work for AST in January 2024.
- Implemented DNS changes required for VeryConnect (software running our members portal)
- Did about 75% of Phone.com migration. We want to stop using phone number from them and someone has to log in to all our accounts, check what phone number is set in profile and change it when necessary. While doing that I have identified some action items for other Board members and cost saving opportunities, which I need to write down.
- Created runbook for accessing shared email accounts despite Google security mechanisms. As usual, this is internal only.
- Started a discussion with Google Customer service for a problem where email sent to Group is not distributed to all members of that Group.
- Monthly Board of Directors meeting.
You might have noticed there was no report for December. That’s because we have kicked off a month with quarterly Board of Directors meeting, which is much longer and much more demanding that monthly ones. With pretty busy end of the year at work and festive season, unfortunately I did not contribute anything to AST that month.
If you are interested in becoming a better tester, advancing the practice of software testing or just want to support my work, consider subscribing to AST newsletter and becoming a member. If you have any questions, ideas or would like to work together, you can email me at
mirekdlugosz %at% associationforsoftwaretesting.org or get in touch through other channels.